Fixed Deposit Account
Fixed Interest for a Fixed Period
A fixed term investment means you get higher interest rates. With our Fixed Deposit Account, you deposit a single amount – a minimum of R10 000 is required – for a fixed term at a guaranteed interest rate.
Fixed Deposit Accounts
Your Fixed Deposit Account comprises a single deposit for a fixed term at a guaranteed interest rate. Because it’s a fixed investment, you’ll also earn higher interest rates – and the longer you invest your money, the higher your interest rate will be.
What You Get
For deposits of R10 000 or more, you’ll earn 7.13% for 3 months, 8.13% for 6 months, 8.32% for 9 months and 8.68% for 12 months. For more details, see our full rates table.
Opening an Account
- A minimum of R10 000 is required.
- Choose the deposit period you’d like – from 1 month up to 12 months.
What we need from you
- Green bar coded identity document
- Proof of address (utility bill or similar)
- Proof of deposit (if customer is doing EFT)
You will need to complete and sign
- Early withdrawals are charged a fee, which we’ll calculate on request.
- Interest is calculated daily and payable monthly, or on maturity.
- Monthly interest can be paid into a nominated account or transferred to a call account.
Extra for Pensioners
If you’re 55 years of age or older, you qualify for 9.00% interest on a 12-month fixed deposit. All you need is your green bar-coded ID when you open up an account.
The interest rates quotes above (6.88%, 7.77%, 7.95%, 8.30 %) are the annual effective rates and are applicable to the 3-month, 6-month, 9-month and 12-month Fixed Deposit Accounts respectively when investing R10 000 or more. Rates are subject to change. Applicable to corporates and individuals. Terms and conditions apply, In terms of legislation, proof of legislation, proof of residence and positive identification are required to open a Bidvest Bank Fixed Deposit Account. Bidvest Bank limited (Reg No 2000/006478/06) is a licensed financial services and registered credit provider.