Buying Forex in South Africa
Heading abroad? You can buy forex in South Africa 60 days before your departure date. There are two ways to order and pay:
- Online - pay via EFT or make an online credit card payment
- At a branch - pay with cash or with your debit or credit card.
What you need when buying forex:
- Valid up-to-date
- Proof of travel
arrangements such as your flight ticket
- Green bar-coded
identity document or temporary resident permit
- Proof of
residential address not older than three months
Our Bidvest Bank travel tips:
- It’s a good idea to carry some cash with you for small purchases and taxi fares.
- When applying for your World Currency Card™, it’s useful to convert approximately 20% of your budget towards foreign notes.
* These rates are indicative and exclude commission and charges. Rates are subject to change and cannot be guaranteed until payment has been made.
Please confirm rates with your nearest Bidvest Bank branch or call 0860 11 11 77.